1. Collection of Personal Information
When we refer to “personal information,” we mean information that relates to you. We collect the following categories of personal information:
Personal information you provide to us:
- Account Information: Adept AI Labs may collect personal information, such as your name, email address, and a password when you sign up for an Adept AI Labs account. If you sign up for a paid account, we will collect additional personal information such as payment card information and transaction history.
- Usage of the Services: Our Services allow you to submit text, documents, file uploads, feedback and other materials to the Services (“Prompts”), which the Services use to generate outputs (“Outputs”). If you include personal information in your Prompts, we will collect that information. This may also include API keys, access tokens, or other credentials in the event you choose to grant our Services access to your other service providers for purposes of supplementing Prompts and/or Outputs.
- Website Usage: If you apply for employment with us, we may collect professional information, such as your employment history, your qualifications, and any other information contained in your CV or résumé. If you communicate with us, we collect your name, contact information, and the contents of any messages you send.
Personal information we receive automatically from your use of our Services:
When you use the Services, we may also receive “Technical Information” automatically. This may include:
- System Observations: when you initiate a Prompt, our Services will automatically supplement the Prompt through observations of your web page contents, screenshots, API calls to services you have integrated, and/or retrieval from other sources (“Observations”) in order to produce the Outputs. Prompts, Observations, and Outputs are subject to retention as set out in Section 8 (Security & Retention) below.
- Log Data and Device Information: We may automatically collect information about your browser and or device, including internet or other electronic network activity information, your device type, IP address (may include information of the location of the device derived from your IP address), device or advertising identifiers, probabilistic identifiers, other unique personal or online identifiers, information about your device and operating system, such as time zone setting and location, operating system, and platform, information about your browser, such as browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, internet service provider, browsing history, search history, and the date and time of your visit, and other standard server log entries.
- Usage Data: We may automatically collect information about your use of the Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use and the actions you take, as well as your time zone, country, the dates and times of access, user agent and version, type of computer or mobile device, and your computer connection.
- Errors: If you or your device experiences an error, we may collect information about the error, the time the error occurred, the feature being used, the state of the application when the error occurred, and any communications or content provided at the time the error occurred.
- Cookies: We and our service providers may employ cookies, scripts, or comparable technologies (“cookies”) to administer our Services and gather information about your usage of our Services. These technologies aid us in identifying you, tailoring your experience, providing you with additional products or services, and analyzing the utilization of our Services to enhance their usefulness to you. These technologies may also allow us to collect demographic and statistical data and provide this information to our service providers to help deliver their services. We utilize essential cookies to enable your access to our Services and ensure your safety, along with cookies or similar technologies for analytics purposes. Most browsers allow you to remove or manage cookie functions and adjust your privacy and security preferences.
Personal information we receive indirectly to train our models:
- The AI models that we train to power our products and deliver our Services are developed using three primary sources of information: (1) information that is publicly available on the internet, (2) information that we license from third parties, and (3) information that our users or our human trainers provide. Much of the data that is freely and openly available on the internet relates to people, so our training information does incidentally include personal information. We don’t actively seek out personal information to train our models. We use training information only to help our models learn.
2. Uses of Personal Information
We will only use your personal information legally and for the following purposes:
- To provide, administer, maintain, analyze, and/or improve our Services.
- To research and develop new products and features.
- To communicate with you for non-marketing purposes including, by sending you emails, push notifications, and/or other messages, or to send you opt-in marketing communications.
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Services, and to protect the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks.
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
- For other purposes for which you have given us your consent, and for which you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Aggregated or De-Identified Information.
3. How We Disclose Personal Information
Vendors & service providers. To fulfill our business operational requirements and carry out specific services and functions, we may disclose personal information to vendors and service providers. These providers may include hosting services, cloud services, information technology service providers, email communication software, web analytics services, and others. However, they will only access, process, or store personal information as necessary to fulfill their responsibilities to us, following our instructions.
As part of a significant corporate event. If Adept AI Labs is involved in a merger, corporate transaction, bankruptcy, or other situation involving the transfer of business assets, we may be required to disclose your personal information as part of these corporate transactions.
To comply with regulatory or legal requirements, safety, and to enforce our terms. As mandated by law, we may be obligated to disclose personal information to governmental regulatory authorities. This includes situations where such disclosure is necessary for tax or accounting purposes or to assist in investigations requested by these authorities. Additionally, personal information may be shared with third parties in relation to claims, disputes, or litigation, when compelled by law, or if we determine that disclosure is essential for the protection of your health and safety, as well as that of others. Furthermore, disclosure may be necessary to mitigate fraud or credit risk, or to enforce our legal rights or the contractual commitments you have made.
With an individuals’ consent. Adept AI Labs will otherwise disclose personal information when an individual gives us permission or directs us to disclose this information.
4. Your Rights
Subject to applicable law, and depending on where you reside, you have rights regarding your personal information, including the following:
Access & data portability. You may have the right to request a copy of your personal information and information relating to how it’s processed, subject to certain exceptions.
Correction. You may have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information we retain about you, subject to certain exceptions. Please understand that we cannot provide an assurance regarding the factual accuracy of Outputs. If any personal information in the Outputs is factually incorrect and pertains to you, you have the option to submit a correction request. We will undertake a best effort to rectify this information. However, it’s important to note that due to the intricate technical nature of our AI/ML models, there may be instances where it is not feasible for us to accomplish this task.
Deletion. You may have the right to request that we delete personal information collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
Objection. You may have a right to object to how we process your personal information.
Right to know. You may have the right to know what personal information Adept AI Labs processes about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which it is collected, the business or commercial purposes for collection, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclose it.
Sale & targeted advertising. We do not “sell” your personal information as that term is defined by applicable laws and regulations. We also do not engage in targeted advertising using your personal information.
Withdrawal of consent. Where our processing of your personal information is based on your provided consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
To exercise your rights, you or an authorized agent may submit a request by emailing us at email@example.com. After we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. You may also have the right to appeal requests that we deny by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Third-Party Websites and Services
Our Services are not directed toward children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to us while using our Services, please email us at email@example.com and we will investigate any notification and, if appropriate, delete the personal information. If you are between 13-18, you must have your parent or guardian consent to use our Services.
7. Data Transfers
When you access our website or Services, your personal information may be transferred to our servers pursuant to legally valid transfer mechanisms. This may be a direct provision of your personal information to us, or a transfer that we or a third party make (the latter being a “Transfer”). We will also share with or transfer your personal information to companies that help us to run our business by processing personal information on behalf of Adept AI Labs for the purposes identified above. Such companies include providers of customer support services, payment processing services, fraud monitoring and prevention, email, social media, and other marketing platforms and service providers, and hosting services. You may ask us to provide further information about this, or to provide you with a copy of the appropriate safeguard, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Security & Retention
We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect personal information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. You should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or email as we cannot guarantee it’s fully secure from all threats. In addition, we are not responsible for intentional or unintentional bypassing of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service or third-party websites. We’ll retain your Personal Information for only as long as we need in order to provide our Service to you, or for other legitimate business purposes such as improving the Service, resolving disputes, safety and security reasons, or complying with our legal obligations. How long we retain Personal Information will depend on a number of factors, such as the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, our purpose for processing the information, and any legal requirements.
10. Contact Information
The responsible entities in respect of your personal information are:
Adept AI Labs
660 Alabama St., #3,
San Francisco, CA 94110
You can email us at email@example.com with any questions.
This Policy is not applicable where Adept AI Labs acts as a “data processor.” Such situations may occur, for example, when you use our Services as